Monday, September 6, 2010

Kurt B. Reighley

Sometimes I endorse things and United States of American: Backyard Chickens, Burlesque Beauties, and Handmade Bitters: A Field Guide to the New American Roots Movement is today's example.






















Released this month by Harper Paperbacks, Seattle based author Kurt Reighley does a fantastic job of explaining the recent generational resurgence of interest into a number of things, including craft. This is how Kurt and I first met. He interviewed me while doing research for the book over a year ago. Then the publisher asked if I would give a blurb for the back cover. I've actually done this before for a number of other books, it's pretty rad knowing that what you have to say is of interest to others. But I can't lie, when I saw the advance copy and my endorsement quote was on the front cover, I was pretty tickled. Anyhow, the best thing about United States of American is that it is relevant now to help source things you may be interested in as well as becoming a educational platform for others. It will help propel our larger progressive community of makers forward appealing to a larger audience. This book makes me feel hopeful for our future, which is a rare occurrence.

I suggest adding this book to your personal library list as well as your holiday gift giving list. You can also follow Kurt on his book tour and surrounding programing via facebook and ye' ol' twitter @kurtbreighley

Oh, and I asked Kurt his preference of where to direct folks who want to buy a copy online and he directed me to Powell's Bookstore here.

The end.

No comments: