Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Java: part 2

Monday morning I caught a early early flight with a few of my dad's friends from Bali to the island of Java. Yogyakarta was our destination to see the two fantastically famous temples there Prambanan (Hindu) & Borobudur (Buddhist). Both were stunning, but were particularly interesting because we had these fantastic guides. They were both were so well spoken and informative that it made me appreciate where I was much more than if I went alone or tourist book in hand.

Danick and I also took a drive to Solo where the market was rumored to have the best (and cheapest) fabric in the area. The drive was epic, winding through the mountain villages lasting much longer then expected, but totally worth it to see the country side. The drive back in the dark was a true test of patience. We got to the market a little late to really dive in, but I still managed to scoop a great deal of amazing beautiful fabrics. It was hard to believe all this happened within the span of barely two days. Then, before I knew it, I found myself back in the arms of Bali. I'm hooked.

Here's a handful of Java photos...

Bali ----> Java
flew over active volcano's on the way there

Driving to Solo the short name for <span class=

<span class=

Stumbled upon this strange theme park...

<span class=

Driving to Solo the short name for Surakarta, a major city in Central Java, Indonesia

The market in Solo (the short name for Surakarta) Central Java, Indonesia. We bought a bunch of amazing fabircs!

Java, Indonesia

Indonesian cafeteria

From the very bottom looking up at Borobudur Temple

Java, Indonesia

Java, Indonesia

Sunrise at Borobudur Temple

DSCN1001

Java, Indonesia

Java, Indonesia

Stumbled upon this strange theme park...

Stumbled upon this strange theme park...

Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Street vendor: Yogyakarta

Sky High: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Sky High: Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Find the full photoset here

No comments: