Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Oeuvre

A project I've wanted to do for some time.

A few of my favorite things #1
1. One of two hand-painted cobras given to me from Doug R.
2. Smashed fly pin from Pete Hodapp
3. Harmonica collection
4. Photo filters from India (saving them for the perfect project someday)
5. Old sequined coin purse
6. Model teeth mounted to display strips with wax
7. Buffalo nickel buttons from my dad's old flannel shirt from when I was a kid


In the most recent issue of Vanity Fair there is an article about the Y.S.L auction that is occurring in February. Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Berge had one of the most amazing collections in the world. A few bits too good to not share:

".....We all would very much like to attend our own funeral; of course, we can't. But we can attend the funeral of a collection. It's the end. It's over."

"I don't believe in God. I only believe in human beings, in memory. That's all. The memory will persist."
- Pierre Berge
********************************
I especially love the lacy Styrofoam burger container on this meal deal. If only I could get something besides subs and icky Chinese delivered to me at work. Ideally, it would be sushi, Thai or a good salad- not burgers and fries.



Thank you. Image from "Le Chalet"

3 comments:

Alyssa Schulte said...

Saw that article. I wanted to take a bite out of those pictures. So decedent!

BRASS ARROW said...

Faythe- what a beautiful collection, those filters are super dreamy magical, like the opening title/credits to some 60s swinging pyschedelic movie. I have a collection of dentures that i should email a photo to you of, i've never seen a strip of teeth like that before though, so nice! happy holidaytimes to you-
Noel

MR said...

heart heart heart! i am so glad i am not the only one who geeked out on that burger holder. sigh.
happy xmas! xoxo, Marie