Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day = Kitchen Time






So, I'm not much of a recipe follower. Which is why I ended up with two quiches, not one (I made too much filling).

TWO THREE CHEESE SPINACH PORTOBELLO QUICHES
prep time 10-15 minutes
cook time 45

2 pie crusts (in Milwaukee I get Simple Soyman pre-made crust at Outpost, it rules).

Ingredients::
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups of grated swiss cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
8-10 T goat cheese
2 cups fresh spinach (chop if you want)
1 cup of chopped mushrooms
1 1/2 cups of milk (I used goat milk)
1 small onion
salt & pepper
Butter

Directions::
Preheat oven at 350 degrees

Saute finely chopped onion, mushrooms and spinach in butter, salt & pepper to taste.

In a mixing bowl whisk eggs, milk & grated cheeses (hold off on the goat cheese). Add saute mixture, stir well.

Pour contents into pie crust, careful to not overfill. Add dollops of goat cheese on top & bake for 40-45 minutes until tops are golden. They will puff up a bit, let cool for about 10 minutes & the quiche will set.

Serve warm or cold. For dinner add a side of mixed greens. For brekky serve with fruit or potatoes.


{posted via my mobile}

2 comments:

Jan Halvarson said...

looks yummy!

Unknown said...

I am going to try your g-damned recipe. It looks absolutely delicious.
xo