Thursday, December 17, 2015

Mirror Neurons

Last December I wrote my intentions for 2015 while visiting NYC in a deep friend vortex. We sealed them up, I tucked them all somewhere they would be safe through a few moves and just last week was reminded to pull them out. I sent the others back to NYC for my friends and opened mine up to see what I had written....

2015 Intentions
Continue on this path I have started to walk: Managing my health by diet, movement, supplements and hope it keeps my pain at bay. Continuing to be self aware with drinking in moderation or not at all. Continue to make healthy responsible relationship choices and treat those around me with equal or more love than I receive or expect. Learn to let go. Establishing a vision of what home is/can be: House in the country 2-4 bedrooms, cozy, clean and functional for work and play. Continue self soothing habits like relaxing, reading and small projects. Also maintain established relationships (friends & work) while expanding on community. Settling into my new skin. Stay focused. Keep smiling. It’s all looking amazing!




Even without this short letter to remind myself things are going well I would feel like my life is right on track. See you later 2015, you represent the end of what was a really difficult period for me. As I move forward grounded within all the hard work I’ve done to get this far I still have no idea what’s in store. I don’t know what my professional life will look like by this time next year. And for the first time in a long while I'm not worried and just enjoying the moment.

Making the time and space to slow down and heal was vital. That paired with my new found ability to pace myself I’m way ready to pounce on this forward momentum. It’s time. I am entering a new era of my life and it’s looking mighty fine so far, and all from my tiny country house tucked back into a holler in Tennessee.


Photo: December back porch view from my house
  
Upcoming in 2016:


January: Residency, Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts in Gatlinburg, TN
May: Curator, CounterCraft: Voices of the Indie Craft Movement, Fuller Craft Museum in Brockton MA
July: Workshop leader, Craft Thinking: Ideas on Making, Materials, and Creative Process at Haystack Mountain School of Crafts in Deer Isle, ME

No comments: