Hotel Lobby at the Netherland Plaza
I had some time to check out the exhibits at the CAC before (and during) my screening which was co-sponsored by the local AIGA. For a chilly Monday night I was impressed (and super excited) that 150+ people who came out to see the documentary. I did a talk afterward with Chris Salley who is the co-owner of a local brick and mortar, Fabricate.
Cincinnati's Contemporary Arts Center is the first built project in the United States by celebrated London-based architect Zaha Hadid.
Rosson Crow: Myth of the American Motorcycle
Sight Unseen: The Sensory Elephant
This project was made to appeal to blind and seeing-impaired children, as well as to encourage sighted children to discover art through their other senses.
I had a really great trip and if you have than less 24 hours in the downtown area city you can do what I did:
- Visit the Contemporary Art Center
- Eat an amazing Mexican dinner at Nada across the street.
- Visit the American Sign Museum (give yourself at least 2 hours)
- Check out the Charley Harper mosaic mural at the Federal Building
- On your way in or out don't forget to check out the epic industry themed WPA mosaic's at the airport near the baggage carousels