Sunday, April 13, 2008

Under-appreciated Milwaukee city-scapes

John Riepenhoff who run's the Green Gallery is collecting photos from 20 Milwaukee artists of an under-appreciated Milwaukee city-scapes, park portraits, or building portraits and installing them in an old vending machine near Sherman Park.

The postcards are rumored to only cost .25 a pop out of the machine. I'll update when the machine is installed. My submissions are below, I just happen to have a large catalog of what I consider to be under-appreciated city-scapes. Not sure if my images will be included in the machine or not, but I love the idea of the project!

milwuakee.1
tree memorial mural, 2007
sadly, this mural has since been removed

Dumpsters & Trees

milwaukee.2
building near downtown post office, 2003
sadly, this mural has since been removed

around the corner.

milwaukee.3
riverwest phone booth center st., 2004

Old School Phone. Mke., WI. 2004

No comments: