Monday, November 8, 2010

Pittsburgh: Art For All

The first week of November 2010 is gone, history, poof.. just like that. Only 2 weeks until my 33rd birthday, Art vs. Craft, Thanksgiving...and the dare I say the Holiday Season.

Amongst a long list of things accomplished, I spent a quick 24 hours in Pittsburgh this weekend for some programing with the Society of Contemporary Craft. There was a screening of Handmade Nation in association with the Three Rivers Film Festival plus a book signing and reception where guests could view the current exhibit "DIY: A Revolution in Handicrafts".

I also snuck in a studio visit with my friends over at the Justseeds HQ. Mary Tremonte was kind enough to take some time to show me around their new space & explain how the collective operates. Here are some images from my trip...

Arte Para <span class=
Arte Para Todos = Art For All

<span class=

Pittsburgh: Mary <span class=
Mary Tremonte

"Queer Scouts" print by Mary <span class=
I love this 6 color silk screen print by Mary Tremonte released today on Justseeds.org info here.

Pittsburgh: <span class=

Celebrate Peoples History
The Milwaukee 14, from the "Celebrate Peoples History" book.

Society for Contemporary Craft: Pittsburgh
Society for Contemporary Craft

Society for Contemporary Craft: Pittsburgh
Work (detail) by Milwaukee artist Cassandra Smith at the Society for Contemporary Craft

Full Pittsburgh photo set here.

READ/SEE: more about this past week in detail + more on Justseeds.org over at my new weekly column "SNAPS" on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Art City blog.

No comments: