Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thick As Thieves

It only takes 48 hours to check out & relax.

Drive from Wisconsin to friends cabin on Fox River. Drink & eat way too much, stay up really late. Wake up and drive 1 hour to the Weyauega river for tubing adventure. Get a really weird sunburn from being folded over in a tube for 3 hours. Fall asleep by 10pm & then drive home the next day for work.

Fox River

SUN FISH
*Sky High * Fox River * Sun Fish*

sun set on the Fox River

campfire
I can now vouch that S'mores with Toblerone are amazing.

Catfish Sandwich
Catfish Sandwich

Tubing on the <span class=

Tubing on the <span class=

Tubing on the <span class=

Thick As <span class=
Thick As Thieves

Tubing on the <span class=

Tubing on the Weyauwega River

Underwater in the <span class=

If you wanna tube down the Weyauwega river find Gil's Landing, pay $10 a tube and they will bus you upstream ($5 for a tube with a mesh bottom to float your cooler). Then you are on your own and depending on how lazy you want your lazy river experience to be it takes about 3 hours to get back to your car. I highly recommend picking up underwater disposable cameras for your adventure. I found mine for $10 a pop at Walgreen's, then used half off coupons for processing. Not a bad deal when 2 camera's + developing (straight to CD) = $29. In my obsessive photo taking world, totally worth every cent.

Full photo set here.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Awesome, awesome photos. I, too, had a watery weekend which I blogged about just yesterday. I was even saying while treating water in the nearby reservoir that I wished I had an underwater camera. They really are the coolest!

Cassie