Wednesday, November 5, 2008

ten cent conspiracy theories. x

Today was the kind of morning when I woke up and wanted a soda. Pretty intense energy out last night. It will be one of those events you talk about when you are old like: where were you on 9/11? It really is exciting to see people have so much hope for something new.
Maybe people will care about something again?


I found these dreamy photos of this amazing bus that these kids lived in this summer in the UK via flickr (view the entire set HERE). I was especially hyped on the mention of solar panels that ran the computer & sewing machine.

I would like to make my morning coffee on this stove. sigh.
A few years ago while we were shooting in San Francisco for the documentary I found this book called the Nutshell Studies of Unexplained Death—a series of eighteen miniature crime-scene dioramas for student analysis. Featuring the work of Frances Glessner Lee who dedicated her life to the advancement of forensic medicine and scientific crime detection.
The book is stunning and totally creepy since she perfectly recreated each murder scene in miniature down to every recorded detail.In the same vein of tiny, yesterday I picked up the Little People. Small things happening in public places. Love. Looking forward to it's arrival.

In the 1960's early 1970's my Grandma was married to her second husband, a man by the name of Jim Martin who was a composer for Disney. He died before I was born. I recently tried to find information on Jim Martin and can't seem to- apparently he was a part of a big re-write for "It's a Small World".
When I was a kid I spent a lot of time at Disneyland and Disney World. Once my mom made the operator of the teacups stop the entire ride because she was worried I was going to be sick. I had to walk out of my cup while everyone was wondering why the ride stopped.

No comments: